Friday 5 October 2018

Dior Exhibition - Musee des arts Decoratifs Paris



Intro  
I headed out to Paris for two days, the main reason was to come to see the Dior exhibition before it closed in January. Overal It was the best exhibition that I have ever been too. There were so much detail and so much high-quality content. It was held at the Musee des arts Decoratifs, which is the photo above. 

This exhibition was a part of my research project for Unheard voices, I was exploring the world of haute couture. This exhibition made it clear to me how much work went into all of the garment and the brand. It was very interesting how each collection reflected certain aspects of the creative director life and the time period. It was amazing to see how collections have changed over the years and how creative people have responded. An aspect that I really loved from this show, was the range of art directed photos. These were shown throughout the whole of the show at different time points. There was always such an elegant feel to the photos. It amazed me how Dior has been around for so long but has managed to keep it the same tone of voice, yet at the same time keep every single image fresh, new and interesting.  The second part of the show that amazed me was the use of colour, there was a section where things were categories. It made me reflect on my own practice and it made me want to try and incorporate new brighter colours into my work, as I tend to stick to the same type of colours. Dior showed that you can have a wide range of colours and still keep the elegant tone of voice to their brand. 

Highlights of the Exhibition  






Short video of the Exhibition  

Instagram Story of the Exhibition  

Sections of Exhibition 

History & Context 









Christian Dior Photography 










Colours











Floral Dresses 











Perfume Bottles 









Haute Coutre Collection 
























Pattern Cutting 

















Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lili . M . X . Price | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig